Château Broustet

  • logo-broustet-top

At the beginning of the 19th century, Mr Capdeville, owner of Château Broustet, acquired a neighbouring estate: Château Nairac.
It was therefore “Broustet-Nairac” that was ranked as a Second Grand Cru in the 1855 classification.
At the end of the 19th century, the Fournier family bought Château Broustet and set up a cooperage there.
Today’s 225-litre Bordeaux barrel is thought to have originated at Broustet, as shown by the archives of the Chamber of Commerce of Bordeaux.
This magnificent estate is located in Barsac and has belonged to Vignobles de Terroirs since 2010.
The vineyard of Château Broustet comprises two different terroirs, with clay-limestone and gravel soils.
As summer draws to a close, the morning fogs warmed up by the sun make for early yet gentle growth of noble rot on the bunches of grapes.
The stones studded with topaz in the soil store up heat and then release it gradually, optimising the over-ripening process for each and every grape.
The grapes are harvested by hand in successive selection processes to make an outstanding wine.

Image Château Broustet